Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Quote time

 Courtney Wayment: A lot of people would be like, “That sucks,” you know? You’re four seconds away from being an Olympian. And I think I was 22 at the time, maybe, so I was young. And the thing about it is I felt so much joy crossing that finish line. It’s a really magical feeling when you’re in the middle of a race, like you said, that you’ve been preparing your entire life for, and, like, I’ve been dreaming that I’d be an Olympian my entire life. And when you’re racing and you have two laps left, and you wholeheartedly believe that you can be an Olympian, and then you don’t get that dream, that was OK, because I believed. And that, to me, I was like, “One day, it’ll pay off. The belief will pay off.” And sometimes, the result isn’t always the reward. But having that belief, that was the reward for me that day. And yes, it did fuel me for the last couple years — made two world teams so far, and now we’re back at another Olympic year. But definitely, the belief was the reward for me in that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment