Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April 1 - April 12: Listening/Instrumental Assignment (remember that listening assignments apply to the weeks during which the listening is assigned.)

This next year we will be focusing on one major concert pianist each month. This month is Olga Kern

Check out her website a little bit each week (and her current schedule!): http://olgakern.com/

Olga Kern playing Chopin's Polonaise in A-flat major: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgkOvaoSFd0

Question: What have you learned about Olga Kern (via her website and the video)? Where she is from, her technique, what she likes, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Her schedule is completely insane! I don't know how she does it. She is gorgeous! Olga is Russian, and now lives in NY. She met Rachmaninoff and played one of his pieces for him! And I love how confident she plays, minus that she seemed really angry after she performed. I really love Russian performers.

    ReplyDelete